Re: Special process

From: thoms1991 (thoms1991@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 21:26:13 EEST

Kevin, It depends on the RP process selected to be used. It can range from
accuracy (dimensional error in inches/inch), resolution (radius of edges of
fine features and finish (RMS) of +/0.002", 0.002" & 30 to +/- 0.010",
0.010" and 300, which are largely dependent on slice thickness, which drives
the time and therefore the cost to build. We are interested only in
processes using materials of construction that can be removed from our molds
for precision casting. Others are more concerned with the usual mechanical
properties of their models.
Best Regards, Tom Richards, Metallurgist, Thoms Corp