Re: IGES to Stl translators

From: Michael Tsenter (nesttech@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 19:40:45 EEST

Hi Ross:

DeskArtes 3Data Expert ( http://www.deskartes.com ) product has the
following capabilities:

3Data Expert (BASE) for STL files
- View & Measure STL Models
- Full Repair & Editing of STL Models
- Scale, Position, Rotate, Mirror & Build Preparation
- Split STL files, Boolean Functions, Adding Pins, Holes, etc.
- Reduce & Refine Triangle Count in STL Models
- Surface Design and TrueType text
- Macros for frequently used command series
RP functions
- Platform Definition
- Positioning Tools
- Z-Compensation
- Easy Drain Hole Generation
- Automatic Support Structures
- Interactive Volume Support Structures
- Slicing of STL Models, Direct Slicing of IGES/VDA

Offsetting/Shelling
- Hollow-out STL Files
- Offset STL files, Create a Solid from Open Surface

IGES / VDA-FS translator
- View & Verify IGES / VDA-FS files
- Conversion of IGES / VDA-FS to STL with full control of resolution
- Automatic detection of Duplicate and Missing Surfaces
- Adding and Replacing Missing Surfaces using 3D Curves
- Design of Free-Form and Primitive Surfaces
- Trimming Surfaces with Curves and Other Surfaces
- Automatic normal orientation, Output of Cleaned IGES files
- File Conversion between IGES and VDA-FS Formats

CATIA 4 translator
- Input CATIA 4 Files

CATIA 5 translator
- Input CATIA 5 Files

Unigraphics translator
- Input Unigraphics Files

ProE translator
- Input ProE Files

STEP translator
- Input STEP Files

You can down-load the complete product from http://www.deskartes.com and
we would be happy to provide you with a 30-day evaluation license.

Best regards,
Michael Tsenter

--
NEST Technologies, Inc.