Re: Special process

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 18:01:13 EEST

Dear Warner:

This is a nice open-ended marketing question as befits a VC firm, but it
isn't trivial to answer with any degree of confidence.

There are definitely lots of applications and interest in this general
technology area. However, you'll have to do considerable homework before it's
possible to see if your process can win against the numerous others aimed at high
value added small parts.

I would start by comparing your technology on a spec by spec basis - in so
far as is possible - with the competition. Identify very specific applications
and customers and interview them in depth. If things look positive at that
point, you can start to address one of the major marketing problems in this area
- how to educate the user community of your capability.

You can find nearly all the competing technologies on our site, and you
should also search the patent area there, as well. A lot of this stuff hasn't
appeared commercially yet, or is in development in larger companies for
(apparently) specific applications. You should also review the MMD area to see where you
fit in that spectrum. Look over the last year or so SmallTimes as a start.

Please get back to us when you're done! We're all curious as hell.

Regards,
Ed

Ed Grenda
Castle Island Co.
781-646-6280 (voice or fax)
EdGrenda@aol.com (email)

The Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/

Subj: Special process