RE: Shipping Models - Dont Use Fed Ex

From: Charles Overy (charles@lgmmodel.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 04:00:08 EEST

Several people have mentioned that they self insure. I assume mean that you
add a specific charge to your invoices figuring you will lose a few? Do
you actually line item this charge on invoices? What do you see as your
historical loss rate?

I will caclulate our loss rate and post. If others would like to do the
same I will play the actuarial and aggregate the results. Happy to post a
report so that the community can get an idea of what might be appropriate
charges. Any specifics on loss like overnight shipping, model type, crated
or boxed might make this data more valuble. Hell, we are not in the
business of insurance but I would like to sleep better at night when our
work is on the road.

Thanks

Charles

ssumedliab
ilities.html?link=4
"The shipment of scale models... "
I do not know if shipment was a prototype at 1:1 scale they would still
deny.

Wondering if anyone else had this experience and who they use for shipping
instead?

Beware that it is probably a waste of money to buy insurance on FedEx
shipments.
Better yet find a shipper who will support your product. It does appear that
UPS has not such restriction.

Charles Overy
LGM