Re: 3D Topographical File

From: Karsten (karsten@ameritech.net)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 05:09:22 EEST

This can be done without surface data.
If you only have spline curve data of the topo you can follow that with most
CNC programs.
I cut a land property for a client and only had spline curves to use from
AutoCAD.
With my CNC software (WorkNC) I used "on curve machining" and a ball end
mill just large enough to leave a small scallop.
I then blended the high points by hand and had my property. I did this in
about an hour with a soft foam board.
I'm sure the Rockies will be a little more detailed but the principle should
be the same.

Good Luck
Karsten A