RE: Starting a reverse engineering laboratory.

From: Henry Sommer (hsommer@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 03:56:49 EEST

Ramachandran

Here is what I would put in the lab.

*Scanners
Try and get one of each of these donated.
Contact portable CMM like a Faro or Romer arm
Noncontact point cloud scanner like a Minolta or an Atos. If you have to by
it get a Minolta they are less expensive.

*Software
A standard cad package like Pro/E, Solidworks etc.
Try and get as many different kinds of reverse engineering software donated
as possible. Some of the choices are.
Imageware, Raindrop Geomagic, Paraform, and GSI studio. There are many
others. Each one is very different from the others. So you should try and
get exposure to as many of them as you can.

Henry Sommer