SLS systems-DTM powder rapid steel 2.0

From: Rahbari, Mohamad (Mohamad.Rahbari@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 22:28:19 EEST

I am a grad student who has started doing some work with the SLS system,
thererfore I am very new to the rapid prototyping industry. Does anyone know
the composition of the polymer binder that coats the DTM rapid steel 2.0
powder. I don't really need to know the exact composition but rather what
general group it belongs to or as much information as there is out there on
this powder.

I am also looking for some data sheets on polymer powders produced by DTM
called: Laserite LNC-7000 (Nylon Composite), Laserite Polycarbonate Compound
LPC 7000, and TrueForm PM Polymer. I know that they are no longer
commercially available. I am looking for as much information on Powder
Properties, Thermal Properties, Mechanical Properties, and the Refractive
Index (RI) of the powders.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you