RE: Colour STL file format

From: Pieter.Bourgaux@materialise.be
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 16:27:42 EEST

Dear Richard,

You're right, each facet has an RGB-code. We have 2 bytes, so 5 bits a color
+ 1 bit indicating if the traingle color is applied or not.

Please find the complete description of the STL-color format used by
Materialise at following link:

ftp.materialise.be/download/Magics/STL-format.zip

Regards,

Pieter Bourgaux

Application engineer
Materialise

Tel +32 16 39 66 66
Fax +32 16 39 66 00

No time to fix a file ? STLfix.com does it for you !
On-line around the clock STL repair and CAD to STL conversion.
"No cure, money back" guarantee. http://www.stlfix.com