RE: Delcam

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 04:47:14 EEST

Tom is a regular contributor to rp-ml, so I must say that I was also a
little surprised at the email asking for the address of one of the most
well-known CAM companies on the planet.

I also smell a rat.

I believe it could well be something to do with web marketing. Someone puts
out an inane question, like is there a web site for Delcam. Then loads of
people reply. This increases the number of web hits and advances the name
of Delcam up the various search engine databases. These data mining engines
are smart, so they filter out multiple hits from the same source. Therefore
all the separate emails on the subject add to the impact factor. They maybe
even have priority settings for associated email groups like rp-ml.

Tom, please tell me that I'm being paranoid.

IG

At 01:21 PM 5/30/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>The fact that someone can send an e-mail with Delcamin it and not have
>found <http://www.delcam.com/>www.delcam.com is somehow very disturbing.
>

>I have some tolerance for people who ask questions of the RPML without
>doing some investigating on their own . . . but this is ridiculous.
>

>Scott Tilton

Dr. Ian Gibson
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong