Testing product with SI-40hc (sharing)

From: Zubrickie, Robert F (bob@tycoelectronics.com)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 15:04:59 EEST

New findings on the testing with SI-40 hc: We just done some thermo-testing
on the SLA resin SI-40 with product and found the thermo conductivity was
30% lower than the production material which the product would be made from.
As a result the tests gave us misleading results. The good thing is that now
that we know this we can figure this into our calculations when we are doing
our tests.

SLA product material - SI-40hc
Production material - Zitel (HTN), 45 % glass filled, Nylon type
thermoplastic

It's obvious that the glass filler helps to transfer the heat. I believe we
can expect this with all non-filled plastics when compared to filled
plastics.

Do not reply to this note. I cannot elaborate anymore than noted above.

TYCO / ELECTRONICS
Global Communications, Computer & Consumer Electronics Business Unit