Re: rapid tooling for magnesium part

From: Osbornmail@aol.com
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 11:48:37 EEST

Dear Frédéric

We offer the following method for prototype cast metal parts:

1. Thermojet build of part in wax material
2. Vacuum assisted flask based investment casting of metal of your choice
(processed, melted and cast under vacuum to give zero porosity)

Good points:
Fast - 1 week delivery
Accurate - 1mm walls no problem
No tooling & economic for low qtys

Bad points:
Size limit: about 10 - 12" cube at present
Not economic for larger quantities

If you are interested, please send zipped binary STL for quote.

Best regards

Nick

Nick Osborn
Consultant