rplm Re: a short note

From: Bram de Smit (A.desmit@IO.TUdelft.NL)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 11:33:49 EEST

Hi Hannu,

I am not an expert myself either but i understand more or less your
filtering problems. What we seem to need is a kind of identification
from the sender, and as you explained domains or addresses do not work.

Could it be an idea to ask a small extra effort from our list users and
then apply some kind of inverse filtering?
That means that every message that is sent to the list should contain
some kind of code in the subject line, and only messages with this code
are accepted. I don't think that spammers actaully read email
themselves, so it could take quite a while before they find out.

I propose as a code to be used rplm (real prototyping list member)

I don't know if this a realy dumb idea, but maybe it helps

By the way, thanks for keeping this list working for all this time.
(can't even remember how long) The complainers that shout so loud
apparently can think of no other way to make themselves important.

--
Bram de Smit,
Delft University of Technology / Faculty of Design, Engineering and Production (DEP) / room nr. 10-3A-31 / Landbergstraat 15, 2628 CE, Delft, The Netherlands / Phone  +31 15 2783788 / Fax  +31 15 2787316 / E-mail  A.deSmit@IO.TUDelft.NL / www.io.tudelft.nl/research/ica/