IGS files when viewed as a text file.

From: Kevin Fortin (kevin@protcast.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 18:22:43 EEST

Hello folks,

I was wondering if any of you can tell me something (or where to look for
information) about the .igs format when you look at it in a text editor.

I have created some very simple parts in solidworks, exported them in iges,
then looked at the text version of the file. Some of the data makes sense,
but so much of it does not seem to correlate to anything in the part.

Anyone out there know the how the format is laid out?

Kevin Fortin
Prototypes, Etc.
303-375-0350