Digital scanning

From: Michael Murphy (murphymi@tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 22:19:03 EEST

Dear list,

I'm looking almost certainly to lease but possibly to buy a general
purpose 3D digital scanner.

My primary interest is industrial development oriented - I want to
highlight the technology to potential industrial users in a variety of
industries.

Initially I'm attracted by the price and the decent part volume of the
Roland LPX-250.

Important too is that it appears to include the software required to
produce a CAD model of the scanned image as standard.

Has anyone any experience with this machine? How have you found it to
use? What are the limitations?

Can anyone suggest alternative offerings from other suppliers?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Murphy