Re: gluing Solidscape models together

From: ElZippy@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 00:38:30 EEST

I have been using Sanders machines for 7 years now (MM6, MM2, RTM) and have
tried numerous methods of bonding this " very expensive, highly proprietary
thermoplastic/wax" build material. Fingernail polish and cyanoacrylates...
very iffy. Hot wax repairs... easy to make a bigger mess or worse. White
glue has been successful on some geometries. Epoxy too. Since we use this
machine exclusively to make casting patterns the answer has usually been to
make a big ugly (but robust) repair then clean up the casting.

Bob Breslauer
Senior Project Engineer
Mark Two Engineering
8324 NW 74th Avenue