Re: scanner for transparent parts?

From: Bram de Smit (A.desmit@IO.TUdelft.NL)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 10:56:47 EET

Hi,

As far as I understand Roland offers two types of scanners, namely mechanical scanners PIX-4 and PIX-30 and a laserscanner, the LPX-250.
These are the two options you seem to have in scanner land. If you want to scan transparant objects you must use a mechanical scanner like the Roland or some kind of a measuring arm like the MicroScribe from Imersion, or you must make your object less transparant by coating it.
I am not aware of any other options.

greetings,

Bram