RE: Design Problem

From: John Walmsley (jwalmsley2@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 18:18:13 EET

Reminds me very much of the explanation given to a British gent watching his first baseball game, about why the batter was WALKING to first base after a number of pitches.
JW
 "Blasch, Larry" <LBlasch@OPW-FC.com> wrote:Dear Rhys, The weight is probably less of a problem than the size. I would imagine that walking would be quite difficult even if you were able to provide the necessary support. I would suggest that for the short term, he should use a wheelchair with a sling underneath the seat. If that is unacceptable, then you might be able to modify a backpack frame with straps and a sling to hold them. 34Kg would be less than the standard carry weight for a military backpack. In the USA the typical pack weight is nearly 50Kg. Of course from an RP standpoint, removing them altogether and replacing them with prosthetic implants would make more sense. You could scan them and scale them down to normal size and RP replacement ones. Larry BlaschDesign Engineer
CAE Systems Administrator

OPW Fueling Components
P.O. Box 405003
Cincinnati, OH 45240-5003 USA
Voice: (513) 870-3356
Fax: (513) 870-3338
The above correspondence contains, my opinions, and such. If you disagree with me, send $100 to the address below and I'll consider your point of view.

< System Administrator Alert: >