Determining the Pitch of Bells

From: Greg Pettengill (gpetteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 06:31:44 EET

Dear RPML,

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm trying to solve. I am designing cast metal bells in different sizes. And need to calculate what their pitch will be relative to their size. Even though this is a new design and not a conventional bell shape I thought that it may be possible to make a reasonably close estimate. Perhaps by extrapolating data obtained from testing a series of scale models.

Best Regards
Greg Pettengill
Cote' Art & Engineering
321-269-7587