Re: Resolution/Minimum feature size

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 20:17:53 EET

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Jonathan Harris wrote:
> Does anyone know what are currently the highest resolution wax
> printing/droplet manufacture devices available? Trade names will do fine -
> I can search from there, but if you have any additional information to hand
> it will be appreciated.

You need to know but two names: Sanders Design and Solidscape. The
Sanders unit (Rapid Toolmaker) is the best, but it's quite expensive
both as machine and as service. Solidscape machines are less precise,
but they're as common as dirt - even I have one. The parts are still
quite high-resolution, and a lot of jewelry gets made on them.

I have some pictures of Solidscape parts here which may be helpful:

http://protoshape.com/tech/layers.html

scroll down and click through on the b/w pictures for excruciating
close-ups.

-Sheba

--
Bathsheba Grossman                 phone (831)429-8224, fax (831)460-1242
Sculpting geometry                                          bathsheba.com