RE: Smart Feed on 2500+ / Vanguard

From: David K. Leigh (dkleigh@harvest-tech.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 22:44:06 EET

Smart Feed

We will use smart feeds on large builds that may require a lot of powder and
have odd cross sections. We have had luck with it (most of the time). We
have run into an issue in running metals and maybe a time or two running
Duraform or Duraform GF. You will have to preview the entire build, so most
of the time we just set the feeds manually. Make sure to turn the smart
feed feature on for warm-up, build, and cool-down. Value of 1 in the smart
feed option.

Large Files

We've built very large files in the SLS system. We've had the same error
that you are seeing, but it is not limited to large files. Sometimes
grouping or ungrouping files into a single .stl file fixes it. Also, you
can use some of the repair tools offered by Magics or SolidView. The other
option is to use the verify program that runs in Lightyear on the SLA side
of things. If you need assistance, let me know.

Good luck.

David K. Leigh (254) 933-1000
Harvest Technologies, Inc. fax (254) 298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services www.harvest-tech.com