Re: Photoshop artwork to 2D cad format

From: martin koch (mkoch@calpoly.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 19:29:14 EET

Hello Kevin:

What we have done is to use a photoshop plugin called streamline (about
$125.) that generates dxf traces from photoshop images with some degree
of control.

>From the dxf we take it into autocad and create the hpgl code.

Normally we use R14 Autocad and a hp 7475 plotter driver.

We have written a quick basic (it came free with dos) program that would
convert the hpgl to gcodes with controls for z axis settings. Another
version of our conversion program writes it out to the Asymtec control
codes (the original controller in the FDMs).

Re: Auotcad Plotter drivers;
With release 2000 Autodesk changed the plotter drivers and screwed up
the generic hpgl outputs. With 2000i they added 2 generic drivers that
can be used but are more difficult then the R14 7475 version. For
example, with the R14 version you could specify a paper size that the
plotter could not physically do. With the newer version the system
would not allow you to go beyond the A & B sizes.

anyways, have fun

martin