RE: Multiple Parts saved as One STL file

From: David K. Leigh (dkleigh@harvest-tech.com)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 16:54:29 EET

Depending on how many "shells" were created, you can use Magics or Solidview
and save each shell as an .stl. Then, you are able to merge them with
Magics and it does a pretty good job of eliminating the "extra" areas that
would have been double scanned. I the main part is there and all of the
elements of that part are there as well, you can just delete the elements
and keep the whole. You can just select a shell and delete it. We use this
primarily when a customer has sent us multiple parts in one .stl and it
can't be divided easily.

Or, just let them double scan. Thats the easiest.

David K. Leigh (254) 933-1000
Harvest Technologies, Inc. fax (254) 298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services www.harvest-tech.com