the list

From: Juha Suokas (juha.suokas@)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 16:13:19 EET

Scott Tilton wrote:
> I guess whomever the list janitor is doesn't mind cleaning up after
> people who don't follow the directions.

Just for information 'cause there seems to be people on this list that
don't know the background:

This list was created in the Helsinki University of Technology Lahti
Centre years and years ago as a result of some research projects done in
the small but efficient department of RP, RE and 3D-CAD research. At
this point I have to confess that I also used to work there, so I'm
propably the wrong person to call us efficient... Anyway - our research
team lost it's funding a few years ago and since then this list has been
run after normal working hours as a private "hobby" by Hannu Kaikonen
a.k.a. Rapid Dude. When the bytes get too mixed up and the wires are
more than crossed unix-guru "Zaphod" gives the list his magic touch.

So the fact that rp-ml didn't die with our research lab is the result of
Hannus personal will and countless hours to keep the rp-ml going. The
list is nowadays also funded by Hannu personally...

Maybe someday there'll be a rp-ml history on the web, but until then
this'll have to do.

My humble thanks to Hannu!
Juha S.

Juha Suokas
Mechanical Designer
Teknoware Oy
Ilmarisentie 8, FIN-15200 LAHTI
Tel. +358 (0)3 8830 162

TEKNOWARE OY, Ilmarisentie 8, FIN-15200 LAHTI, http://www.teknoware.fi
This message and any attachements in this message are strictly for
information purposes only and are not intended and shall not be
construed an offer or any other kind of contractual or legal obligation
for any purposes whatsoever.