RE: Stratasys - SPT - Slow Prototyping

From: Travis Behara (Travis.Behara@trimarkcorp.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 18:44:07 EET

We are a former SLS machine owner (2000) and have moved to an FDM machine
(Prodigy Plus). I have had nothing but good comments from the engineers I
created parts for since we changed technologies. They like the part quality
and speed in which I can get them the parts.
The speed in getting parts to them is due to the ease in setting up the
machine to run as compared to setting up the SLS machine. It is no longer
cost prohibitive to run the machine for one part and get it to them ASAP.
Yes there is some stair stepping issues, however for our applications this
is not a real issue and, if necessary, can be taken care of with a little
post finishing.
Not only can I produce parts quicker I do it at a considerable cost savings
as compared to the SLS machine.
I understand that the FDM technology wouldn't work for everyone's app.
however for us it has been great.

Travis E. Behara
Rapid Prototyping Engineer
TriMark Corp