Re: Making ceramic cores for prototype investment castings

From: Nick Osborn (Nick.Osborn@swiftech.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 19:24:41 EET

Dear Oliver

The Swiftcore process was developed for exactly this type of application.

We have a soluble ceramic grade which can be used in conjunction with investment casting and located into the silicone mould prior to the wax being cast around it.

Please let me know if you would like us to look at this project for you.

Best regards

Nick

>>> "RP Solutions" <rps@dircon.co.uk> 31/10/02 15:42:02 >>>
Hi RP'ers,

I have been looking at a potential job recently that would need the production of ceramic cores to replicate oilways in the finished casting.

We are currently using the MCP vacuum casting system to produce investment casting waxes from silicon tooling and have had good results from this.

Is there an RP system/process out there that can create ceramic cores that we can wash/acid out after casting?

Has anyone tried to place ceramic cores into silicon tooling and cast waxes over them?

As usual all answers eagerly recieved.

Regards

Oliver Cole
Technical Director