Re: need advise with Resin SG95 MCP

From: Michael Tsenter (nesttech@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 09:11:55 EEST

Dear Andrey:

There could be many causes for your bubbles. Some of these are as
follows:

- poor venting of the mold
- incorrect mold orientation that causes trapped air on the upper surface
- moisture present in the resin
- high heat generated by the reaction due to large mass of your part
(solid casting vs. thin wall casting)

The simplest solution would be to use an external pressure tank, and then
pressurize the mold while the resin is still liquid to about 60-80 PSI (4
- 6 Bars). Keep it in the pressure tank until the resin becomes solid,
and then continue the curing cycle in the oven (if required). This step
will compress these bubbles, so that they become invisible.

I am not closely familiar with SG 95 product, but some resins are only
recommended for thin wall castings. You may consider trying a product
from CAMATTINI in Italy (http://www.camattini.it). It is called PROTOCAST
PC2001/G2000. It is water clear and you can use it for wall thicknesses
of up to 100 mm.

Best regards,
Michael Tsenter

--