RE: Price idea for a resin/plastic model

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 00:33:01 EEST

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Jim Williams wrote:
> Not sure what "fungible" is but RPSB's who's pricing is based on a commodity
> business model are like a fungus to the product development industry and to
> the RP industry.

> ........ I gleefully watch as the bottom fishers turn on themselves and eat
> each others lunch.

There sure seems to be a lot of hostility to the idea that consistent
products can or should one day have consistent prices; and to the idea
that operating modern RP machines is no longer a fine art or a black
art.

Ah well, the invisible hand will squash some and spare others,
regardless of what we say here. I hope we can at least agree that the
market is far from mature, and that its final shape remains to be
seen.

-Sheba

--
Bathsheba Grossman                                         (831) 429-8224
Sculpting geometry                                          bathsheba.com