RE: Article in CIO magazine

From: Steven Pollack (Steve@Familyjeweler.com)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 19:51:55 EEST

"- Manual labour is fighting an uphill battle. The technological miracle
that is CADCAM, RP, Rapid Manufacture, etc., allows us to make products
that are highly complex in geometrical form and structure."

That may be so but almost any rapid manufacturing scenario has some labor
element to it including post processing of parts, assembly, packaging,
labeling, etc. so even with RP enabled RM there is still reason to think
that these mass customization business models could be exported as well.

Steven Pollack
660 Vernon Ave
Glencoe, IL 60022
888-300-8031