RE: STL Tools

From: \ (rapid@rapidprototyping.net)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 19:29:27 EEST

Hello Thomas

We have a Stereolithography (.STL) file repair tool that is very affordable.
Cost is $460, No maintenance charge and free upgrades. This utility was
designed for simplicity of use and has about a 5 minute learning curve.

It is called STL Editor, It is found here at http://www.rpware.com/ ,on the
products page.

RPWare is specialized in the sales of RP software and plugins, We have many
utilities and plugins for the Rapid Prototyping industry.

Two of our products work as free Stereolithography file viewers in demo mode
with unlimited use. This is perfect for your clients that want to see there
own STL output and super easy to use.

More details below.

Ron B

STL Editor has been designed keeping Rapid Prototyping machines in mind. It
offers many helpful basic an advanced STL file editing features. Below are
some of the features incorporated in this incredible editor:

Opens and works with multiple STL files simultaneously.
Print and Print Preview capabilities.
Undo operations.
Support for clipboard operations.
Basic editing commands such as move, align, rotate, scale, mirror, shear,
flip normals, unify normals, etc.
Advanced editing commands such as hollow (internal, external or both),
offset (internal or external), stitch, fill holes, smoothen, decimate, clip,
etc. (see image below)
Rotate, Zoom and Pan the drawing with the mouse.
Predefined Axis and Isometric views
Perspective and Orthographic projection.
Points, Wireframe and Surface model of the objects
Object transparency control.
User defined background, front face and back face colors.
Global and per drawing configuration.
Context-sensitive help system.
Support for plug-ins