FDM Build Speeds

From: Ed Wilson (ewilson_esi@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 19:09:17 EEST

I am researching for my customer the rate at which the various machines lay down material. I was repeatedly told "that depends on a lot of things." I understand layer

thickness and road width are variables which effect not only the speed of the machine but the final quality of the model (much like SLA.)

Could FDM users active in this group please let me know what machine you run, basic settings used, and HOW MANY CUBIC INCHES of material your machine

lays down PER HOUR. Actually, any input from anyone would be helpful. I am most interested in the Titan, the Maxum, and the Dimension.

Thanks

Ed

Ed Wilson

ESI, Inc.