Re: Minimum feature sizes on RP parts

From: Steven Adler \( A3DM \) (adler@a3dm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 21:14:41 EEST

Curious ....

How does one define "a feature"...?

How does one define a acceptable level of quality to define that smallest
feature....?

How many layers of what thickness.....?

I am currently building a project where the client requested 0.001 ... I
suggested a sample at 0.002 and was happier with my part even though it was
sliced at twice the Z thickness or half the number of layers.... It isn't
all about slice thickness or jet/beam size

I think this is a trick question but, an interesting thread

Steven Adler, CEO
Automated 3D Modeling, Inc
www.a3dm.com
adler@a3dm.com