Novice 3d scan question: stitching point clouds

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 00:43:20 EEST

I need to merge some point clouds made by scans of the same object
viewed from different directions. I don't need to make meshes or
surfaces, just put together the different viewpoints to make a
360-degree point cloud.

Can anyone recommend a utility, or even a service, that does this
cheapishly? I know Geomagic can do it, but it also does a lot of
other stuff that I don't need and don't wanna buy.

--
-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman                                         (831) 429-8224