RE: 3d for 2k event

From: KDenton@williams-int.com
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 22:11:04 EEST

I don't want to sound like I'm against the 2K printer after all I introduced
the world to ToyBuilders.com in an effort to get this stuff in the hands of
the general public. I do however think that 3D Systems is on a precarious
path toward becoming a monopoly in the field of rapid prototyping when they
used to be an innovator. They seem to be spending more time and effort on
lawsuits then their products. I have been in the industry now for 11 years
and have seen them gobble up companies left and right. Have a look and they
press releases page and count how many reference litigation in some form or
another.

It is inevitable that RP technologies will fall into the hands of the
general public I just wonder how much effort 3D is going to put into
delaying that by issuing frivolous claims of infringement.

Karl R. Denton
Lead Engineer
RP and Casting Operations
Williams International