RE: Stainguard

From: Chris Sutcliffe (c.j.sutcliffe@liverpool.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 16:22:54 EEST

Dear Brian

Stain guard I think is a surface coating applied to fabrics to stop them
getting stained (I guess you knew that bit:-).....) I guess it works by
coating the fabric with some slippery component which stops the stain from
adhering to the surface. The only use I can think of in the RP industry is
the coating of powders to increase their flowability which is a real issue
for SLS/CGDM users. I would be interested to know if anyone has tried it as
such.

Best regards

Chris

Dr. Chris Sutcliffe

Rapid, Micro and Bio Manufacturing Research
MSERC
The University of Liverpool
Department of Engineering
Ashton Building