Re: homemade inkjet printer head

From: Brock Hinzmann (bhinzmann@sric-bi.com)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 02:20:01 EEST

Bathsheba Grossman wrote:
 I find the idea that people should be able to block the use of
>an invention for many years, without any obligation to develop that
>use or make it available themselves, irksome. If that strikes at the
>foundatione of what makes America great, then you can paint me red and
>call me a Bolshevik.

I'm sure some historian will correct me, but my understanding of the
origins of the U.S. patent system was to force out new technology, just the
opposite of allowing a patent holder to prevent its use. Also, it seems to
me that part of what made America great initially, besides all the great
inventions that have been made here since, was the theft of British
technology and setting up production in the lawless New World.

Brock Hinzmann