RE: a story, ZCorp service kudos

From: KDenton@williams-int.com
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 19:56:56 EEST

To all,

Given the time and an increase in machines in use, all vendors of RP (or any
other equipment) will fall short of what we would expect. While I don't
like paying high prices for service contracts it is an unwanted evil. As
far as the personal used by the vendors and their incompetence...let me say
I have a neighbor that is director of service operations for the money
machines used in banks today. He is home about 4 days a week because he is
constantly interviewing potential employees. The "service professional" is
not paid all that well and is required to travel on a moments notice. It's
hard to find good people in any type of machine service industry RP or
whatever. I have worked with most of the current RP vendors and all of them
have fallen on their face at one time or another. I would suggest that all
of you get to know your equipment and know it well! I can perform most
service related tasks on my two SLA500s and when I do call for service I
know, watch and get involved when the service personnel are here. If a new
guy shows up to service my equipment I do not let him touch them until I ask
a few questions to help raise my comfort level. While I expect that my RP
vendor would send a competent service tech out I do not always count on it.
I am however prepared to intervene if I think it is needed and this applies
to both a new tech or an experienced one.

Karl R. Denton
Lead Engineer
RP and Casting Operations
Williams International