RE: a story

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 15:13:32 EEST

At 11:39 AM 5/30/2002 -0400, Bruce E. LeMaster wrote:
>I think you missed the underlying anger in Bruce O.'s message about his
>machines being down. What do you do when your lively hood is essentially
>held hostage by the manufacturer of your equipment?

I am not sure many of you will remember a few short years ago when I was so
angry about vendors. However the ones who accused me of not liking or
loving the technology will remember... I was any to the point that I pulled
the plug on my SLA 250 because of poor maintenance issues. My lab spent
well over 50k to the vendor with no results.

I think Terry and this group should track down time of systems and tell the
real story of maintenance contracts versus real delivery. I documented
build failures to prove how much poor maintenance and FEs can cost a facility.

Bruce O, It was not your fault and I would expect some compensation from
the vendor for your downtime.

Elaine