Moulding narrow channel section in SL tooling

From: Rupert Soar (R.C.Soar@lboro.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 18:21:19 EEST

Dear List,

Have any of you had experience with moulding narrow channel sections in SL
tooling. We are moulding thin walled sections and with narrow channels of
0.3mm width with depths of approximatley 0.1mm. We are hoping that the
insulating properties of the sl resins will allow for better material
penetration with lower pressures and temperatures than metal tooling. We
may run some test pieces but I wanted to check if anyone has any experience
already or information on what we could expect.

Regards

Rupert

Dr Rupert Soar
Lecturer/Researcher
The Rapid Manufacturing Group
Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Leics LE11 3TU
Tel: 01509 227637 Fax: 01509 227549 Mob:0781 3834089
E-mail: r.c.soar@lboro.ac.uk
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/ws/research/rmrg/index.html