Re: MGX and SFX file formats

From: Steven Adler \( A3DM \) (adler@a3dm.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 03:52:27 EEST

While I can not speak for Solidview, the MGX file type from Materialise is a
compression format similar to ZIP but, specific to STL files. A 70MB file
can be reduced to as little a 7MB using the freeware tool STLZIP from
Materialise. Most service bureaus who use MagicsRP ( and the overall
majority do ) can decompress this format allowing for faster transport of
files from clients.

STLZIP can also be purchased optionally as version which will decompress as
well as compress if the user does not have MagicsRP

Steven Adler, CEO
Automated 3D Modeling, Inc
www.a3dm.com
adler@a3dm.com