MGX and SFX file formats

From: Deelip Menezes (deelipmenezes@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 09:41:32 EEST

Dear List,

I am evaluating Materialise's Magics RP and SolidConcepts' SolidView Pro. I
see that both these softwares have some proprietry file format of their own.
Materialise has something called MGX and SolidConcepts has SFX. From what I
have read in their help systems, I get the impression that they have
attempted to replace the STL file format in some way. I may be totally wrong
in thinking this way. If any of you know why these file formats were
introduced, I would like to hear about it. I would also like to know if
service bureaus accept these file formats.

Are there any other file formats like these and how well are they accepted?

Regards,

Deelip Menezes