RE: SLS Part/Feed Bed temps?

From: Miller, Michael W (michael.w.miller@boeing.com)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 22:48:02 EEST

In general, the part bed needs to be as hot as possible without causing the
whole part bed to sinter, which really makes breakout tough. By having the
part bed as hot as possible, you can minimize the laser input and achieve
flatter (less curl) in the parts. The same can be said for the feeds... As
hot as possible without disrupting powder flow. The downside is that powder
quality will degrade faster at the higher temps.

Disclaimer: Engineer and out the other!
Experience is something you get right after you need it.
Michael W Miller (michael.w.miller@boeing.com)
The Boeing Company M/C 17-PE B-2T65
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365