RE: U.S. v. 3D Systems Corporation and DTM Corporation

From: Jim Williams (JIM@paramountind.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 22:46:03 EEST

Marshall,
    It's my opinion there is a fundamental flaw in DOJ's dissertation
regarding DTM being the only pre-merger LS material source. Nylon type LS
materials have been available since 2000 from a company in Australia. DTM
most certainly was aware of this product's introduction into the U.S.
market. Albeit a small player it was being positioned as a competitive
product to DTM's polyamide. On another note, are you, or anyone on this
list familiar with the patent 3D references in their 4/18/02 press release
where they assert - use of EOS powders are prohibited by virtue of 3D
Systems' patent? Our research has not found EOS directly mentioned, nor any
company for that manner. If anyone can forward me a link to a 3D patent
that does reference 3D, it would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Jim Williams