How do I get a career in RP?

From: John Vollmen (John@lseinc.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 19:38:22 EEST

Hello all,

I am a newbee to the list.

Brief history of me - I received my BSME about two years ago and have
worked as a design engineer since graduating. My work experience is
exclusively in sheet metal design but I would really like to focus my
career into the field of RP.

Can anyone tell me the best way to gain the skills necessary for a
career in RP? I was able to take a few courses in college but they
barely skimmed the surface and served more as an introduction to RP.
Still, I found the field fascinating and would like to begin to figure
out how to break into the industry and/or gain the skills that a
potential employer might look for. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
jv