RE: Machining of Alumina Plate

From: Dick Edwards (dick@gemvision.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 21:28:43 EEST

Al,
It can be done with either process, however, for the laser process, the
relatively close proximity of the holes will require some careful
programming to counteract the accumulation of heat.

Abrasive WaterJet (AWJ) would be my choice because there is no heat
involved with the process.

If you don't have a local waterjet house I can recommend:

Industrial Overlay
2910 W. RT 30
Rock Falls, IL 61071
800-373-0464