RE: Finishwork on FDM Parts

From: Robert.S.Gansen@jci.com
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 16:06:07 EET

Thank you all for your suggestions in regards to finishwork on FDM parts. I
received many responses both on and off the list. As far as the difficulty
in finishing these parts, it seems as though the modelshops in general just
"deal with it". All of you seem to use the same basic technics we've used.
It also seems that CNC cut ABS is preferred by other shops over FDM ABS as
well.

Once again, thanks and I hope our good folks at Stratasys are reading this
as well.

Robert S. Gansen
Johnson Controls Inc.
Automotive Systems Group