Re: 2D scanning device to record buildings wanted

From: Charles Overy (cwho@lgmmodel.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 21:44:34 EET

Ok,I think this is a trick question. Wouldn't that be a digital camera? You can actually use something like photomodeler or even photoshop to take out the perspective. C -----Original Message-----From: cdx-3@excite.com <cdx-3@excite.com>To: rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi <rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi>Sent: 3/23/02 7:02 PMSubject: 2D scanning device to record buildings wantedhello. i was wondering if anyone knew of a device that could scan
and digitally record flat, 2-dimensional information (x-y planes only) of large objects (buildings) much the same way a CAT scan works with "slices" of information, only larger - like 30'-50' radius from a point source. i'm looking for something to digitally record plan information of large, existing geometrically complex buildings at a single elevation. if anyone has a lead, please let me know.

thanks
christopher dorin
MSU school of architecture<p><hr>