FW: Stripping resins off SLA parts

From: Zubrickie, Robert F (bob@tycoelectronics.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 15:43:06 EET

David,
Fax me the MSDS sheets on your Propylene Carbonate and I will compare. Or
you can get the MSDS paper from Darin. As for the smell. It is not good to
smell any type of chemical. It's a solvent and smells like TPM. Actually it
stinks! My theory is that if it smells bad I shouldn't be inhaling it and
it's time to vent that chemical even though that chemical may not be harmful
to me. I worry about the sleeper chemicals. The ones which I can not smell.
I have my cleaning tanks under a chemical vent hood. This way I get no smell
from any of the chemicals. I'd recommend doing this with all your chemicals.
Of course you must comply with your state regulations when it comes to
emissions. This way we'll all be around in our elder years to reflect on the
good times we had with rapid prototyping. It's good to see you like
Propylene Carbonate. It's like comparing Ford to Chevy or even Chrysler.
Totally a preference. Remember if what your are using works for you, use
it. I tried Propylene Carbonate and it didn't meet my needs. Thank you for
the reply. There has been allot of activity on this. Keep it coming. This is
what our mailing list is all about. Exchanging info.

        Bob