Re: 3D-City

From: lonepeak (lonepeak@aros.net)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 22:52:18 EET

Thanks for putting this in for us. Two statues were built for the Maitreya
Project in our facility using Dr. Thomas' system. Both Buddha statues were
20 feet tall. The first statue was a mixture of 1/2" and 1/4" inch layers.
The second statue was all 1/4" sheet material and we built it start to
finish in 25 days using 3 people. Both statues were sealed with a urethane
coating.

One statue is located in California at the International Buddhist center and
was on display when the Dali Lama visited there last Spring. The other
statue was shipped to India.

We have also used to system to build a 12 foot tall sculpture for another
client.

I know that Dr. Thomas has used the system for some other projects since
then. The file format for this system is STL.

Alair
Javelin 3D
www.javelin3d.com