Questions on DuraForm GF and other options

From: Pacholski, Mike [SAA] (MPacholski@armlink.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 00:51:01 EET

List,
        I was wondering if someone could help me with my question. I'm
looking at making a testable prototype from an SLS with DuraForm GF. The
questions is regarding the finishing process. One options is a vacuum
impregnating the part with a Methacrylate resin the other is treatment of
Cyanocrylate. What is the difference and effect of these two process? I will
be running the part in water and machining it down in between my tests.
        Also, are there any better materials (e.g.. strong and more durable)
than the DuraForm GF that can be tested in water that I should be looking
into? (not including steel RP, the build area is not large enough) The
Stratasys Polycarbonate and Polyphenylsulfone also looked like an option,
but I still need to do more research on this.

Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike