Re: 3D modelling

From: Brian Caulfield (brian.caulfield@nuigalway.ie)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 00:30:07 EET

you you think that a product specific software would be even more expensive
because of the fact that RP/modelling software is very specific wereas the
CAD is software, don't you think that if there was software out there that
could be used in a number of ways the price would drop because the software
is not specific. A number of different applications could be run on the one
software package and like you say by transferring certain models between
packages can lead to an undesired effect.
Let's say for modelling bone; It has avery complex matrix so most standard
CAD packages are useless but if you were to have a specific software for
modelling bone it would cost a fair bit because the demand wouldn't be there
for such software. I may be talking a bit too much, hopefully you
understand what I'm trying to say.

Brian Caulfield

National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Science
Science and Technology Building
NUI Galway
Galway

Ph: + 353 91 524411 Ext: 3849